Pages

Feb 18, 2011

The Window from Which We Look

A friend sent this story to me in an email. It made me think again about things that we don't see or our perception of things. For me, it is my "invisible illness". Sometimes I watch people out walking or running and grieve the loss of my health or I have to sleep for 14 hours to build up my strength again and miss an entire day. When I was my windows, I realize that God is using my illness to learn many lessons. One of the greatest lessons I am learning is that I don't know what challenges another person is facing. The dirt in my own windows does not allow me to see the clear picture. Dear Lord, please help me show Your loving kindness, understanding and patience to others. I don't know the challenges that they face. Amen

The Window from Which We Look

A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.
The next morning while they are eating breakfast,
The young woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash outside.
"That laundry is not very clean", she said.
"She doesn't know how to wash correctly.
Perhaps she needs better laundry soap."
Her husband looked on, but remained silent.
Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry,
The young woman would make the same comments.
About one month later, the woman was surprised to see a
Nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband:
"Look, she has learned how to wash correctly.
I wonder who taught her this."
The husband said, "I got up early this morning and
Cleaned our windows."



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues
Images by Shabby Princess
Images can be used as long they are not for commercial use