Pages

Dec 14, 2010

Friends

It is fun to get cards, pictures and correspondence from friends during the holiday season. I enjoy catching up on the lives of my friends and their families. I feel grateful to be remembered and to be included in their lives even if it is from a great distance. It seems to me that I rarely used to think about what I said to family and friends when I would see them. I am becoming more and more reflective and careful to share the love that I have at every opportunity. In Wicked Glinda and Elphaba sing about friendship and how important it is in For Good.

Elphaba sings
"It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you"


I am grateful for each of the handprints that have been placed on my heart. I pray that God will show you today how much He loves you and how important you are to Him and to me. God be with you today and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues
Images by Shabby Princess
Images can be used as long they are not for commercial use