Pages

Mar 21, 2011

Decisions

It has been a long time but I am finally back to writing a post. I made the trip to the research hospital. It was about what I expected. I met with the chairperson of the neurology department and one of the doctors who is getting specialization in neurology. They did several muscle tests, asked tons of questions, took blood and sent me for an EMG. There was a lot of good news, I thought. The doctor thought I was doing well that day and my EMG results were normal. He said that I can continue to do the same treatment that I am currently doing with IVIG every three weeks but that I do have some other options. He wants me to consider becoming a part of a clinical trial study on a new drug. There are only 2 research hospitals in the U.S. that have been approved for the study. I have several concerns about the clinical trial that I am going to consider and talk to Dr. K about. I need some good advice and counsel from family, friends and doctors to help me make my decision.

I am so grateful that Todd went with me. It helps to have another pair of eyes and ears. Now, I have some decisions to make and some consulting to do before I make the final decision of what to do.
"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice." Proverbs 12:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues
Images by Shabby Princess
Images can be used as long they are not for commercial use