Pages

Mar 22, 2011

Decisions, Part 2

After playing lots of phone tag, I finally spoke to Dr. K's nurse. He has some concerns about the clinical trial and some questions that I did not think to ask. A part of the protocol for doing the clinical trial is that I have to be off of IVIG completely for 6 weeks prior to beginning the study drug and I can't do any IVIG until the clinical trial is completed. Dr. K wants me to consider how being off IVIG for this long may impact my health. He is concerned that I may get very sick again and that it may take a long time for me to bounce back again. Lisa, his nurse, asked me several times, "Do they know how bad you were?" Nobody really knows how bad I was except Dr. K. I still think about the morning in my hospital room when I thanked him for saving my life and he told me that he had not saved my life Karen had. It is a little scary to think about being as sick as I have been for the past 10 months and terrifying to think about how sick I was a few years ago.

So, today I am going to call and ask some more questions about the clinical trial. I want to be as informed as I can to make the best decision that I can.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills- Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip -
He who watches over you will not slumber;
Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you
The LORD is your shade at your right hand;
The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm -
He will watch over your life;
The LORD will watch over your coming and going
Both now and forevermore."

Psalm 121"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues
Images by Shabby Princess
Images can be used as long they are not for commercial use