Pages

Mar 23, 2011

Decision Made

After prayer, conversations with Dr. K's Lisa (nurse) and a phone call to the research hospital I have decided not to participate in the clinical trial. It is definitely the right decision for me and I feel completely at peace with the choice. I asked Dr. K's questions that I wish I had thought to ask when I was there. The clinical trial is for a medication to improve muscle strength. The goal of the study is to determine if this medication helps myasthenics by improving the muscle strength. I have been through the experience frequently when my muscle strength is bad. I am not interested in taking a chance to just test a drug for muscle strength. No thank you!!! I am going to see Dr. K in May and he and I are going to talk about some of the other options that were discussed last week. But for now I am maintaining status quo.

I am grateful to have felt so good this weekend and today. In fact, I took Mia for a walk this afternoon. It was the first walk I have had in a long time. It felt great and Mia barked at every leaf she saw. Bella refused to go. Poor Bella is afraid of her shadow. I think she needs doggie Prozac.

It feels so good to have made the decision about the clinical trial. Now I am looking forward to exploring other options in the upcoming couple of months.

"And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up."  Hebrews 12:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues
Images by Shabby Princess
Images can be used as long they are not for commercial use