Pages

Mar 29, 2011

The Numbers

On Friday, I received a call from the doctor's office at the research hospital. The doctor asked the nurse to call me about my blood work results. The tests were to determine the amount of antibodies that I am producing as a result of the MG. The normal range on the first test is between 0.0 - 0.4 and my results were 120! I asked her to repeat that several times because I thought I had not heard her correctly. The normal range on the second test is between 0 - 15. My results were 69. When I was originally diagnosed in 2003 the results on the first test were 74 so I have increased the amount of antibodies in the past 7 1/2 years. I asked the nurse to please tell me what that means. She told me that she is new to the neurology department and didn't know :/ She is going to send a copy of the report to me and to Dr. K. I will talk to Dr. K to discuss the results. I am confused about what it means. I have tried to look up the meaning on several websites but they are like reading Greek to me. So, I will wait to speak with Dr. K. The nurse did tell me that the doctor would still like for me to do the clinicial trial. I told her that Dr. K and I have some serious misgivings about it and that I would not consider doing it without Dr. K's blessing.

I think that I have made the right decision to not participate in the clinical trial. It seems that more information keeps being thrown my way to muddle up the mess. It has been so helpful for me to remember that my God is not a God of confusion. If I trust in Him, He will direct my path. I know that I have shared my favorite Bible verse before but it is so appropriate today. "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way, walk in it'". Isaiah 30:21

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the scripture. It was an apt word for me. We will be praying for your patience and discernment.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues
Images by Shabby Princess
Images can be used as long they are not for commercial use