Pages

Jan 4, 2011

Christmas Eve Memories

Although Christmas is over for the year, I have thought so many times of the Christmas that I spent 7 years ago in the hospital. I spent this Christmas Eve with some close friends. We had a great dinner and played games. It was such fun. I shared the story about my Christmas Eve 7 years ago. I was in the hospital. The doctor diagnosed me with myasthenia gravis a few weeks earlier and I had been in the hospital all that time. I was worried about Todd and didn't want him to spend Christmas Eve or Christmas day alone. Todd decided that he would spend Christmas Eve with me in the hospital. He bought a copy of Pirates of the Caribbean and brought the DVD player from home. He hooked up the DVD player to the TV in my hospital room. I was looking forward to see Pirates. I didn't get to see it in the theatre. Todd started the movie. I fought and fought to try to watch the movie. I was so sick and so tired that I didn't last more than 10 minutes. Todd was understanding. He turned off the movie and I went to sleep. I still have so much sadness about that night. It feels like I disappointed Todd. He tried so hard to do something for me and I was not able to appreciate it. I am blessed to have a son who is considerate and loves me. I am blessed that he is here for me and has been by my side throughout this experience living with MG. I am counting my blessings that Todd is such a wonderful man, son, husband, father, worker, Christian, and friend.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate." Psalms 127:3-5

2 comments:

  1. Awww...that's so sweet. You raised a good son there, Mom! I know how you feel about feeling like you're disappointing your kids. Even at Jacob's age, however, he is starting to "get it." ANd I'm telling you, although he is ALL boy ALL the time, he has the more tender, compassionate heart of any little guy his age I've ever seen. It's still so very hard though.
    I think of you often, Kay, and pray you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stumbled here....reading your post makes me sad...stay strong okay..

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues
Images by Shabby Princess
Images can be used as long they are not for commercial use