Pages

Jan 11, 2011

I am Thankful

Last week I had some technical difficulties. For some crazy reason, I could not log on to blogger. My son has told me for years that you have to be 10% smarter than the object you are operating. It seems that I am ALWAYS in trouble with that. There are days that I am not 10% smarter than the doorknob. :P

It is good to be back to blogging. The past week has been a fair week for me health wise. I am thankful that I have had a little more energy than I have felt in the past several months. I switched back to the IVIG that I started taking when Octagam was taken off the market in September. I had some significant side effects with the Gammagard. Today I went to the infusion clinic for my second day. Friday at the clinic was fairly quiet. Today was a madhouse. One of the other patients had an allergic reaction and had to be transported to the hospital. It was scary for a while and an important reminder to me that I must try this medication with the utmost of respect. IVIG is a beneficial but dangerous drug. I remember signing the consent form the first time I had it that stated I understood that I could die immediately from the infusion. I am so thankful that my side effects while annoying have been minor compared to other people. I am very thankful that I can take IVIG. I know several people who live with MG who can't tolerate it.

I am counting my blessings. I thank God that He is holding me in the palm of His hand and that He has my best welfare in His heart.

This is a part of one of my favorite Mercy Me songs titled You Reign.

Even before there was a drop in the ocean,
even before there was a star in the sky,
even before the world was put in motion
You were on Your throne You were on Your throne.

You reign! Glory in the highest, You reign!  Let creation testify by Your name. Every knee will bow
and every tongue proclaim that Jesus reigns.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your inspirational posts. I am very grateful to have somewhere to read and "fellowship" about this disease, since I found out it is what I have about 10 days ago. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues
Images by Shabby Princess
Images can be used as long they are not for commercial use