Pages

Feb 22, 2011

More Stuff

When I open my car and sit down in the driver's seat I get a message that says, "Welcome". It is so pleasant to be loved by my car. Last Thursday morning, I got in my car to go to an appointment. I put my key in the ignition and looked at the dash board. There was no "Welcome" message. It was black. My battery was as dead as a door nail. It didn't make a sound at all when I turned the key. I sat there thinking "OH GREAT!! Now what?!? This is just more stuff for me to manage." The next thought was, "Thank you, Lord, that this happened in my garage and not while I was out of town yesterday and driving all over the place."  I called a friend and asked her to come get me. THANK YOU CRYSTAL. She took me to my appointment and waited for me. After the appointment, she called her husband to meet us at my house. He jumped the battery. THANK YOU, JUSTIN. Crystal followed me to Wal-Mart where I left my car. Todd picked me up when he got off work and took me back to Wal-Mart to pick up my car with a brand new battery. YEA! There were no problems all weekend. I did errands, went out to the movie, went to dinner and babysit my precious Lboy yesterday.
You can probably guess where this story is going...Today I went to the infusion clinic. It was a crazy day again today. The noise was so loud in there that I had difficulty reading my book. I read the same paragraph so many times and could not remember one thing from what I read. There are some very ill people in the clinic. It was too loud! Some of the nurses were even making comments about the noise. One of the patients was singing at the top of his lungs. It was not good judgment for him to be singing in the infusion clinic environment. More stuff to manage. My IVIG went pretty well. I had several heat flashes during the infusion. My face and neck turned red and I became so hot I could not cool down. Stuff...but small stuff.
All I could think is I want to go home where it is quiet and calm. My only stress at home is which dog is going to sit on which side of my lap. I put the key in the ignition...DEAD!! My battery, the new one I just bought last Thursday, was DEAD!! Now this is STUFF! I called the tow service and the service department where I bought my car. The service manager said if I could get there he had a loaner car I could drive while they fix my car. The tow service arrived and jumped my car. When I put my car in reverse to back out I heard a loud whooshing sound. HUH? I am not sure what that was. I pulled out of the parking lot and off I went 30 miles away to the dealership. They checked me in and gave me a loan car to drive. STUFF! On the drive home, I was listening to the radio when the following song came on the radio. It helped to put things in perspective for me. I finally got home to some peace and quiet. I remember that the stuff is teaching me the lessons that God wants me to learn. After all, it is just stuff! May God bless your day and may all of your stuff bless you.
This Is The Stuff :

Francesca Battistelli

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use


1 comment:

  1. If you love your car, you should always bring it in for a regular maintenance check up. Aside from this, you should also get car insurance.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues
Images by Shabby Princess
Images can be used as long they are not for commercial use