Pages

Feb 7, 2011

Snowy

I am not really sure why it has been so long since I have made a post. Thank you to my friends who have checked on me. It means so much to know that you care about me and how I am doing. I think a part of me has felt a little sorry for myself. I made a total promise and resolve to be positive in my thoughts and actions this year. Perhaps that is why I haven't written anything. My mom used to say if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything. So, I haven't written anything. We have had lots of snow for the south. We southerners panic if there is one flake that falls. Maybe my brain is as snowy as the weather.

The past couple of weeks have given me some challenges. I have the infection in my leg again. I thought that it had gone away but it didn't. So, I have been on antibiotics again. MG totally hates antibiotics. He has been having a mild little temper tantrum. I am doing all of my tricks so that he doesn't have a total hissy fit. Then I went last week to have IVIG. The nurse and I laughed remembering the crazy day it was in the clinic the last time I was there. Both of us agreed that we didn't want any "issues" on this visit. She went to get my IVIG but was gone for a long time. When she came back she had a look on her face that communicated to me we had some issues. They forgot to order my IVIG again. They had part of my dose in the clinic 30 miles away. So, after some discussion one of the other nurses went to pick up what they had so that I could get part of my dose. They hoped to get the rest of it in a few days. I finally got a call last Friday that they had the remainder of my IVIG. I made the decision to wait until I go back in 2 weeks to get the full dose. It will be interesting for me to see how MG handles only part of the IVIG treatment.

I feel so guilty when I feel sorry for myself. There are so many others who live with challenges much greater than mine. God has blessed my life abundantly and I am grateful. I am listening to Bebo Norman who sings I Will Lift My Eyes. Here is part of what he sings:

God My God, I cry out
your beloved needs you now
God be near, calm my fear
and take my doubt
your kindness is what pulls me up,
your love is all that draws me in

I will lift my eyes
to the maker, of the mountains
I can't climb
I will lift my eyes
to calmer, of the oceans
raging wild
I will lift my eyes
to the healer, of the hurt
I hold inside

I will lift my eyes, lift my eyes to you

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues
Images by Shabby Princess
Images can be used as long they are not for commercial use